Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Time to Organize - New Resolution

Now that I am back from my 5 day crop (swarm to you cricuteers) in La Porte, IN, I am wanting to get my new craft room organized before I get all my stuff unpacked so that I can just put it in it's proper place.  I've been watching some craft related organization videos and reading some articles over at The ScrapRack blog and they have put me in an organizing mood.  I am not affiliated with the ScrapRack in any shape or form (I don't own one either), but the principles can still be applied without purchasing the system.

So I started with my paper stacks/theme packs tonight.  Once I sorted them out, I counted them and found that I have 97 paper stacks/theme packs!!  This does not include the individual loose sheets or my solid color cardstock packs.  I am sure I will find a few more stacks as I start moving stuff around but I was kind of (mildly) shocked that I have so many.  If I were to stack them all together, I am pretty sure I would have a stack higher than I am tall (5'6").  My new resolution is to not buy any more paper stacks (unless they are Graphic 45 stacks - I just can't give those up) for the rest of the year.  I'm trying to be reasonable in my resolution, I will not succeed if I say never, but I MIGHT succeed if I say no more for the next 8 months.  That sounds like forever too, maybe I better go with until the kids start back to school in August...   

I was happy to find that in all those stacks, I only had 2 duplicates and 1 of those was sent to me in a swap after I had already purchased it.  I'm going to put the duplicates in a box of stuff I'm collecting for my mom who has very few craft supplies.  That qualifies as purging right???!!

Crud, I just found another paper stack - that makes 98!  I better stop counting!

4 comments:

Denni said...

ROFL!!! YOU so funnyyyy!! No paper stacks, BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Um, sorry, what I really meant to say was Good Luck, LOL! ;)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Tammy! I will be starting my cleaning here in a few weeks when my vacation starts!

Tammy said...

Whew, I've made it a whole week without buying a paper pack. Maybe I better change my date from August to end of May!!

pat said...

Good job Tammy !!keep going I need all the scraping supplies I can get I'll be waiting! wish I was there.