Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wish You Were Here - ScrapbookPal.com Design Team Post

This month I received the cute Luau Limited Edition Cricut Cartridge from ScrapbookPal.com.  The cart is on sale for $23.99 right now so don't miss your chance to own this adorable cart!

I am at a 5 day crop this week and was feeling a little sassy when planning my project.  I hope you get a giggle out of it.






Project by Tammy White

Using the Luau cartridge, I cut the bar (3rd row, 4th button) at 4" and the layer (4th row, 4th button).  I ran the thatch roof through my Cuttlebug with the Distress Stripes Embossing Folder and then used a Colorbox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Inkpad in Toffee to highlight the texture.  I used Dried Marigold and Antique Bronze Distress Stickles and Cinnamon Stickles to highlight the items on the bar.  For the sand, I handcut some tan paper and then stamped the "sand" with a Stampin' Up stamp using the Antique Linen Distress Inkpad. I used the brush end of a Tombow Dual Brush Pen in Chocolate to write "He He He" on the bottom corner of the "sand" strip.  I used Pop Up Glue Dots on the bar and the palm fronds to give some dimension to the card.


Using the Life's A Beach cart, I cut the Palm Tree at 3" and then used Cinnamon Stickles on the tree trunk and brush end of a Tombow Dual Brush Pen in Light Green on the edges of the palm fronds.

I used the Fiskars Border Punch Threading Water on the edge of my card stock and the same patterned paper I used for the base of the bar.  I adhered these to a green cardstock. 

For the sentiment, I wrote it using the brush end of a Tombow Dual Brush Pen in Chocolate and then used Cinnamon Stickles over it.

That's all there is to it.  A nice and easy card for you try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great!!! :-)