Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rocky Mountain Swarm FAQ

Below is the start of the FAQs in relation to the Rocky Mountain Swarm to be held June 12-14 at Traditions Mountain Lodge. I will continue to add to this list as the questions come in so check back often. Read the next post below too as I've already provided several FAQs from the Lodge's website.

Does the lodge provide Cricut cartridges or should we bring our own?
The lodge has an expression, baby bug and I am also planning on bringing my Expression. I will bring my cartridges and a couple of new mats. The lodge also has several carts and I've included a list below of the carts I know will be there. I will also plan on bringing my Cuttlebug and embossing folders. I don't have very many so if you have some you might consider bringing those too. Please label your carts, mats, tools, etc with your name so there is no question at the end as to who owns what. For those who have a cricut expression, please try to bring your own mats. I will provide 2 for the group but things will go much quicker if you bring your own. If you want to bring your own cricut for your personal use, feel free to do so.

Do you have any fun activities planned for us?
I'm just starting to plan these activities and still want your suggestions and involvement. I have been corresponding with other swarm hostesses to learn more about what makes for a successful swarm. One of those lessons is to limit the number of fun activities since most people are there to craft. Here are some suggestions I've received so far:

  • Goodie Bag - Definitely doing this (see below for more info)
  • Trash to Treasure Swap - Bring your craft related items you don't want/use to swap with others
  • Make a Name Tag for Your Desk (or another Attendee) Contest
  • Bring a Layout or Double Layout to Swap
  • Everyone Bring a Door Prize
  • Card Front/Inchie/ATC Swap
  • Best Layout Contest
  • Pay Per Use Massage Therapist

What Should I Bring?
Anything and everything you need to work on your cards, layouts or projects. If you can, plan out in advance what you want to work on and print out your pictures. You might also want to bring your own Cricut, cartridges, mats, cuttlebugs and folders and favorite tools.

I have a craft related talent/technique I'd like to share. Can I do that?
Yes! I am setting up demonstration times so if you have a technique or talent you would like to teach others, let me know what you would like to do. Demonstrations should take no more than 15-20 minutes to teach and let the attendees try.

Demonstrations Planned:

  • One-stroke painting on layouts - Pat (AltonGrandma)

Tell me more about the Goodie Bag
We will have goodie bags for everyone. If possible, it would be great if everyone could bring something to put in the goodie bag. This does not need to be a purchased item. Think ATCs, Inchies, Card Fronts, items from your stash - bags of fibers or ribbons, skittles, prima flowers, etc. Be creative!

Will We Have Door Prizes?
Yes. I will be trying to solicit door prize items from local scrapbook stores. I will also use part of the $10 donated by each person to buy a larger door prize (something along the lines of a Jukebox, cuttlebug, etc.).

Do you have an item you would like to donate as a door prize? These would be items of a higher value than Goodie Bag items. If so, just let me know.

Will We Have A Make and Take?
I have purchased a variety of 2 page scrapbook kits (1 for each person). I'm not sure how we will use them yet. There might be a contest or it might be just a fun kit for your goodie bag. Do you have a make and take project idea? Please share!!

Can we bring/drink alcohol?
Yes, the lodge does allow us to bring alcohol. Cassandra has volunteered to bring margarita fixins. I will bring Pina Colada fixins. Please drink in moderation as drunkenness will not be tolerated. This is so that we can ensure everyone has a good time.

Can I help in planning the swarm?
Yes!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!!! Let me know how you would like to help. Would you like to be in charge of the goodie bag? Would you like to contact scrapbook stores for door prize donations? Would you like to organize the demonstrations or the fun activities? Maybe you are interested in organizing the Trash to Treasure swap. Have more ideas?? Just let me know what you would like to do.

List of Cartridges That Will Be At the Swarm
If you are bringing your carts and are willing to share them, please email me your list and I'll add it here. Make sure you put your name on your carts, overlays, books, etc.

All Mixed Up
Alphalicious
Animal Kingdom
Cars
Celebrations
Christmas Cheer
Cuttin' Up
Doodlecharms
Dreams Do Come True
Fabulous Finds
George
Going Places
Happily Ever After
Home Accents
Indie Arts
Jasmine
Opposites Attract
Paper Doll Dress Up
Plantin Schoolbook
Pooh & Friends
Potpourri Basket
Sesame Street & Friends
Teardrop
Tinkerbell
Walk In My Garden

No comments: