Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ready For Summer BBQ's - ScrapbookPal.Com Design Team Post

Somehow the end of the school year is upon us which means grilling is about to become a near daily thing around our house.  I am always jealous of people who have cute items out at their BBQs so I decided to make some cute things for my own BBQs using the new Luau Solutions Cricut Cartridge I received from ScrapbookPal.com.




Project by Tammy White

I have several of the off-brand Crystal Lite type of containers that I have been saving for a project, knowing they would one day come in handy!!  I simply covered the containers in solid color cardstock using Scor-Tape to attach the paper to the container.

I then cut the 3 shapes (and their single layer) at 5" and attached to the cardstock with Pop Up Glue Dots.  I used Green, Tea Dye and Yellow Stickles Glitter Glue on a couple of the shapes to give them some dimension.  FYI - the tiki wrap around shape, last button on bottom row of keypad, it does not have a layer.  Also to make sure it would fit my container, I used Cricut Design Studio and stretched it to approximately 8.75" long by 5.7" and then cut the hanger off the top.

Because the containers are rather tall, I put a paper towel at the bottom of the ones I used for the spoons and forks.  If you are going on a picnic, the plastic utensils fit great inside these containers and you can put the lids on to keep them clean.  You could also put napkins inside one of the containers. 

I hope you have a wonderful summer!!

No comments: