Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bee Mine Using Spring Holiday Cards Cartridge

I received the Spring Holiday Cards Cricut Cartridge from ScrapbookPal.com this month.  At first I did not think there was much to this cartridge, but the more I played with it the more I realized how much I could do with it.  I started this card for my daughter and then realized that it would not post until after Valentines Day, but it turned out so cute and looked like Spring that I just had to share anyway.





Using the Spring Holiday Cards Cricut Cartridge, I cut the Bee Mine (1st row, 6th button) on black and red cardstock at 5.5" tall (note because the pieces are sized to work proportionally with the shapes, the actual cut was only 3.25" tall).  The red cardstock came embossed with little hearts so it was perfect for this project.  I used scissors to trim the bug off the red piece of cardstock and then using Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Adhesive, I layered the red on top of the black cardstock.  Then I used a scrap piece of yellow cardstock for his body and eyes and a scrap piece of white glitter paper for his wings.  I used my Zig 2-way Glue Pen for these small pieces.   I used a scrap piece of blue glitter stock to go behind the Bee Mine.  Once I layered these on to the back of the black piece of cardstock, I put used a scrap piece of white cardstock for the background. 

I cut the top note shape (3rd row, 6th button) at 4.5" tall using the real dial size on Tantalizing Turquoise (Stampin' Up).  I cut the shape in half, then trimmed off the center points so they would not show from the back side.  I put one-half of the shape on one end of the bee layers and then the other half on the opposite end.  If you could see the back side you would see that there is about 1" between the 2 pieces. I used the Signo Uniball White Gel Pen to doodle in some sew lines around the edge.  This is the ABSOLUTE best white pen I have used.  If you don't have one, order it today from ScrapbookPal.com.  You might as well stock up on a few other items too while you are at it because you get free shipping with only $25 in merchandise!!


I cut a piece of Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up) 6" wide by 8.5" long and then scored it down the middle at 4.25" and folded it to make a card.  Using the Signo Uniball White Gel Pen again, I doodled little dots around the edge of the card front and then used a punch along the edge of a scrap piece of designer paper and adhered that to the bottom of the card.  I had some green tulle left over from another project so I scrunched it up and then  applied pop-dots to the back of the blue top note die and adhered to the front of the card with the tulle in between it.  I added some flowers and some pearl embellishments to the front to finish it off.


I hope everyone had a very nice Valentines Day!!

9 comments:

pat said...

This is soooooooooooo cute Tammy

Tanya said...

Hi Tammy! This morning over at Fantabulous Friday, I am taking a look at the cartridge "Spring Holiday Cards". I wanted to let you know that I have featured your cute Valentines Day card! I hope you will stop by for a visit with us at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/.
Thanks - Tanya - DT member

uyyu said...

Hello,
When I design custom invitations, I offer to design custom postage for my clients to complete the look of their invitation package. The party starts when the guests open their invitations, so setting the tone of the party with the invitation is important. But even before the envelope is opened, the first impression the guest has of the invitation is what’s on the outside.

youjioa rs said...

hey, i have been looking for this kind of informative articles for such a long time, and i am really lucky to find out your work here.It is useful when i do that by myself or could make me know more clear on dealing with these issues. buy runescape gold , runescape gold

love supra said...

Best Place to Buy Diablo 3 Gold with Prepaid Card
Nowadays, various payment methods were accepted by d3 gold suppliers. You must want a best place to buy diablo 3 gold in a safe, fast and simple way. Here, diablohome introduce prepaid card to you. Following are some details.
Buy Diablo 3 Gold with Prepaid Card
Diablo home accept prepaid card payment, such as MasterCard, VISA and Paysafecard, etc. They are safe and convenient, just take a look at the most important advantages of prepaid cards.
1. Prepaid cards can be applied online instantly.
Prepaid cards use the deposited money, there are no repayments to be made and thus no late payment fees and other associated penalties.
2. Prepaid cards are widely accepted.
They can be used on the internet, on phone and all other vends.
3. Adding money to your prepaid card account is a breeze using direct deposit.
tags: buy diablo 3 gold diablo gold buy diablo gold


Anonymous said...

I received the Spring Holiday Cards Cricut Cartridge from ScrapbookPal.com this month. At first I did not think there was much to this cartridge, but the more I played with it the more I realized how much I could do with it. I started this card
swtor gold
buy swtor gold
cheap swtor gold
tor credits
buy tor credits
cheap tor credits

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy! This morning over at Fantabulous Friday, I am taking a look at the cartridge "Spring Holiday Cards". I wanted to let you know that I have featured your cute Valentines Day card! I hope you will stop by for a visit with us at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/.
Thanks - Tanya - DT memberguild wars 2 gold
buy guild wars 2 gold
cheap guild wars 2 gold
cheapest guild wars 2 gold
guild wars 2 gold for sale

china tours said...

That is really cool. Thanks for finding it. Some really good ideas there, this is going to be a real time sink. I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China tour packages | China travel packages | China Travel Agency

Study Chinese online said...

The best place to Learn Chinese is in China. However, we understand that it isn't always possible to move here to study Chinese language. The next best thing is to study with our experienced teachers in a virtual classroom. Online students enjoy the same excellent way of mandarin online lesson and custom designed courseware that we provide for our face to face clients.