Thursday, March 17, 2011

Don't Eat the Grass - Scrapbookpal Design Team Post

I have another new FAVORITE Cricut Cartridge!  This time it is Nate's ABCs.  I am just loving all the new carts that Cricut is coming out with.  If you want great deals on carts (and free shipping on orders of only $25) be sure to check out ScrapbookPal's store!!!

When I saw this cute Don't Eat the Grass cut on the cartridge, I knew exactly the photos I wanted to use from our camping trip in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming in the Summer of 2009. 




Project by Tammy White


Using Nate's ABCs Cricut Cartridge, I cut the goat and layers (p. 63) at 5.5" tall and assembled and adhered all of the pieces together using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.  I did the same for the smaller goat cut at 3.5" tall using the Font 2 button.  Once assembled, I used my Signo Uni-Ball White Impact Gel Pen to doodle some dots randomly on the goats.  If you have not used the Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen, buy it now!  I have tried many white pens and this one is the BEST!

Next I trimmed my photos and matted them on a dark brown cardstock allowing 1/4" of brown showing on each side.  Then again I used my Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen to add dots to each corner of the photo mat.

I had a sheet of paper with a photo of grass that I used as my background.  I adhered this to a sheet of green cardstock to make it more sturdy.  I applied Tombow Mono Adhesive tape to the back of the 2 photos mats in the corner and placed them.  Then I applied Pop Up Glue Dots to the back of the goats and the center photo mat.  Once I placed the center photo mat, I added the goats.

This was a quick and simple layout but with the cuts from the Nate's ABCs cartridge it turned out really cute.

No comments: