Thursday, March 24, 2011

Faux Glassine Flowers

I was blog surfing one night and found a blog where someone had made her own version of what I thought she called Glassine flowers.  I have been unable to find the blog since but if you know who it is, please let me know so that I can give her proper credit for this idea.  I know that Tim Holtz has come out with glassine paper.  I have not seen it yet and don't think this is exactly the same idea.  I could not find the blog to make sure I followed the steps exactly but it is pretty close if not.
 










I used the plastic packaging that my cricut carts come in and the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Sizzix Die to cut out the flowers. I  did the same on double-sided designer paper.  I found that sometimes it was hard to distinguish the layers so for the purple ones, I cut the flowers again on a cream paper and used Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress Ink Pad on the edges and center.  For the blue flowers, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad on a couple of the layers.  I also used my Cricut to cut out some leaves on a green cardstock.

Then I applied glossy accents with my finger (don't want it too thick) to the back of the plastic packaging and then put it on top of the same cut on the designer paper or the green cardstock for the flowers and lined it up.  Once it dried for a few minutes, I used my embossing heat gun to heat up the plastic until it began to adhere to the cardstock.  I then used my fingers and my paper piercer to round the petals and form the shape of the flower.  I shaped the individual flowers and then applied glossy accents between the flower layers to make them stick together.  Then I used the heat gun again to make the flowers and leaves shape around each other a little better.  Then I added a little more glossy accents to the very center flower and added a bead or pearl for the center.

3 comments:

Jen Young said...

OMG these are awesome! I will have to try these! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tammy! You can send me the blue set! LOL!

Carol W. said...

OMG fabulous flowers! those are just so beautiful! wish I could do them! Great job!