Sunday, April 17, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - ScrapbookPal Design Team

This month I received 2 of the Pink by Design stamp sets from the wonderful people at ScrapbookPal.com.  These 2 particular stamp sets (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Shopaholic) had to be made with me in mind!!  The sayings are perfect for so many cards but this time I wanted to do a layout and again PERFECT!!

My best friend, another friend, my daughter and I went to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico last Spring Break.  The trip happened to fall over St. Patrick's Day so we all had to have green drinks, in the case of the pictures below, it was the Grasshopper.  I thought about journaling on this page (something I rarely do) but you know the saying...What happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico!!





Layout by Tammy

This layout took a lot more time in planning and thinking than it did in actual work.  Isn't that the truth for most layouts??!!

Using my Spellbinder Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities (on sale now at ScrapbookPal.com for only $19.99), I cut out out the pictures using the 3rd largest circle in my Cuttlebug.  I then cut the frames with the 2nd largest circle.  I inked the edges of the frames using a ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye in Sour Apple inkpad.  I adhered my pictures to the frames using my GlueGlider Pro (one of my all-time favorite adhesives).  I used Pop Up Glue Dots behind the picture frames to make them stand off the page.


I cut "Mexico 2010" on a dark green cardstock at 1.5" using the Don Juan Cricut Cartridge.  Then using my Signo Uni-ball White Gel Impact Pen, I added some doodle dots to the letters and numbers.  I used Tombow Mono Aqua Adhesive to adhere the letters.


I selected several of the phrases from both the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Shopaholic Stamp Sets by Pink by Design and stamped them on white cardstock using the ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye in Sour Apple.  I cut the sayings out by hand and adhered to the page using my GlueGlider Pro.  I stamped the "Well behaved women" saying on white cardstock and cut it out using my Stampin' UP punch.  I inked the edges with the Sour Applie Cat's Eye.  I also punched out a couple a frames in dark green cardstock and cut the frames in half and used pop up glue dots between the layers for dimension.


For the lace on the left side, I took a length of lace from my stash and using a needle and thread I gathered the lace.  I used Craft Glue Dots to hold the lace in place.  I added some roses from my stash on top of the lace also using the glue dots.

I added some rhinestone stickers and gems to the page for the finishing touch.

No comments: