Saturday, April 2, 2011

Make Margaritas - Scrapbookpal.com Design Team Post

This month I received 2 sets of Pink By Design Stamp sets from ScrapbookPal.com.  These stamps have the cutest sayings!!  I am definitely going to be ordering more of these sets which are a steal at $14.99 plus free shipping with a $25 order!!  The set I used for the card below is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and the Life's A Beach Cricut Cartridge.  


Project by Tammy White

Using the Life Is A Beach Cricut Cartridge, I cut the Palm Tree (p. 40) and the fronds layer at 4.5".   I adhered the fronds to the base and then I cut the fronds again and used Pop-up Glue Dots between to give some dimension.  I then covered the frond on the left with Peeled Paint Distress Stickles and the right frond with Shabby Shutters Distress Stickles.  I used Antique Bronze Distress Stickles on the tree base. 

I cut the chair (p. 81) at 2" once on a dark gray for shadow and then again on white.  I used a Tombow Dual Brush Pen - Sand 992 to highlight the slats and edges of the chair on the white layer.  I used Pop-up Glue Dots between the gray and white layer for dimension.

I cut the Sun at 2" and then trimmed it to fit in the corner of the card and covered it with Yellow Stickles

Adhere blue card stock cut at 6.5" x 5" to the front of your card base.  I used some old wall paper samples for the sand layer which I hand cut and adhered to the bottom of the card.  Adhere the palm tree, chair and sun to the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment  with a Colorbox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Inkpad in Blackbird.

No comments: