This new Christmas Village Cricut Cartridge is just so cute! I am going to be traveling for the holidays and did not want to pull out all of my decorations since I would not be home to enjoy them so this cart came in handy. I now have a village that will be much easier to pack away after the holidays. The picture quality isn't great because the village is too big to fit into my photo box so I apologize for that. I hope you enjoy it!
Christmas Village Cricut Cartridge I got from ScrapbookPal.com, I cut the 5 buildings (first 5 buttons on top row of the keypad) at 11.5" on designer cardstock. Using Design Studio, I used "hide contours" to hide the cut lines for the doors and windows and cut the houses again on black (no lights on) and yellow (lights on). The benefit to this is that it made the houses much more sturdy. I then hand cut out some solid cardstock to make the shutters and doors. I added some premade embellishments I had left over from other projects. I used Liquid Applique (heated with heat gun) on the roof tops to give the appearance of snow.
I cut the Christmas tree (3rd row, 3rd button) at 11.5" on dark green cardstock twice and then layer the 2 pieces together to give it more stability. I then handcut the trunk area in brown but you could easily recut on your Cricut and just trim to use only the trunk. I also hand cut the star on metallic gold paper. I used rhinestones and Liquid Applique (heated with glue gun) to decorate.
The carolers and ice skaters (2nd row, buttons 5-10) at 3" on black cardstock. I decided to leave these plain as a contrast to the buildings.
The fence (4th row, 8th button) was cut at 2" using the Real Dial Size button. The fence is one of the few pieces that is actually sized proportionately. So if you don't use the Real Dial Size button, you have to cut it at 7" to get a fence that was about 2" high otherwise you get a fence that is about 1/2" tall. Again, I applied Liquid Applique (heated with heat gun) to the top of the fence.
The snowman (3rd row, 2nd button) was cut at 5" on white cardstock. I used Black Diamond and Orange Peel Stickles and Vintage Photo Distress Stickles to embellish him.
This really is a pretty easy project to do with lots of impact because of it's size. It only took me 2-3 hours to complete this project.
6 years ago