Saturday, January 1, 2011

Down on the Farm Layout for ScrapbookPal.com Design Team

This week's post is really about making do with what you have.  I am enjoying the holidays in Missouri this year, with my parents and my in-laws.  I've been having a wonderful time visiting with family and friends but there hasn't been much time for crafting.  This week's project was particularly challenging because while my mom does have a cricut she has basically no supplies so I had to work with what she had.  I finally found some coordinating papers and came up with this cute Down on the Farm layout using the new Country Life Cricut Cartridge.  I have to tell you, this could be one of my favorite new cartridges!  I seem to say that about all the cartridges I get, but this one is just even more adorable!!  It is also on sale right now at ScrapbookPal.com for $29.99!!




I found 2 -12x12 matching light blue sheets of cardstock for the base.  I then found 1 - 12x12 sheet of red cardstock and some bits and pieces of other colors.  When I found the apple cardstock, I knew exactly what I was going to do for this project.  I had to be very careful not to make any mistakes as I did not have much paper to work with.

Using the Country Life Cricut Cartridge, I cut the barn (p 58) at 6.5" tall including all the layers and then cut extra fence layers at the same height on brown.  If I had access to all my supplies, I would have used a brown Color Box Cat's Eye on the edges of the barn and then used a White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen to make doodle dots on the barn, hills and photo mats.  For the hills, I used a green textured cardstock and handcut the hills.  If I would have had access to a Warm Green Color Box Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye, I would have rubbed it on the edges of the hills to make them stand out and then used Pop Up Glue Dots on the the middle hill.

I cut the words Down on the Farm (p.58 using Phrase Button and Shift Phrase) at 2" on white, then cut the words Down Farm on green at 3".  Normally you would not change the size, but I liked the look it gave me so I cut out "on the" from the welded phrase and used them separately.  The windmill (p 63) was cut at 6" on a light gray cardstock and then I used a silver metallic marker to color it in to make it look more like metal. 

I cut 2 photo mats on the red cardstock at 4" and 2 at 3".  Then I cut 2 mats on the apple cardstock at 3.75" and 2 at 2.75"  I adhered the apple mats to the red mats using a Scrapbook Adhesives EZ Tape Runner.  I then used the tape runner and a liquid glue to adhere all of the parts to the blue base cardstock.

1 comment: